Welcome to Kansas

Welcome to Kansas

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

TRADER JOE'S! TRADER JOES! ANGRY MOB FOR TRADER JOE'S!



Kansas,

I was quite disappointed to move here and find no trader joe's in a 250 mile-radius (yes, I would consider driving 249 miles for a trader joe's).
And then, ALAS, I hear great news of 2 TJ's locations opening in KS city area in 2011. Wait- 2011?! That encompasses.....a whole year. Can you narrow it down a little bit? Tell me Spring of 2011, or June, 2011, not "2011". I am on pins and needles.

I actually drove by the location in Leawood where the Trader Joe's is going, and got very excited. Next thing I hear from the rumor mill is that there is "trouble" with......I don't remember, but it was something to the effect of Kansas being a little bitch about stuff. More importantly, I hear of problems with the TJ's in Leawood being able to sell liquor??? But of course not the one that will be in Missouri. Sounds like you're still being a buzz kill, Kansas.

Bring me my Trader Joe's, I say!

2 comments:

  1. http://blogs.pitch.com/fatcity/2011/02/trader_joes_stores_to_open_thi.php

    I drove past the Missouri location the other day and it looks pretty close to completion. I think the June date in the above post is probably likely. Regarding the Kansas location at 119, my bet is on August and no 2 Buck Chuck :o( Now, you can tease us about our liquor laws all you want, but if this crazy broad had been around Minnesota 100 years ago, y'all would be scared too:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carry_A_Nation

    Beyond that, Missouri is a pretty stark contrast. I'm pretty sure you have to be doing blow off of a car roof that is traveling at speeds exceeding 100mph to run afoul of the law over there. How does the blow not blow off of the car roof at those speeds, you might ask. Missouri ingenuity, that's how (e.g. Winter's Bone).

    I am completely with you on it having been far too long for Trader Joe's to come to KC though. Far, far too long. Now if only we could get an IKEA closer than Denver or the Twin Cities...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I know! I think the first two things I google mapped when I decided I was moving here were Trader Joe's and Ikea. I was pissed.

    ReplyDelete