Welcome to Kansas

Welcome to Kansas

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy? Hour


So a while ago my friends and I (yes, I have friends) went to Applebee's for happy hour (after 9pm, of course). Traditionally, at every Applebee's I have ever been to, during happy hour both the alcoholic beverages and the appetizers are half off. Believe it or not, I have been to "Happlebees" in multiple states.
Well guess what, folks- there was NO half-priced drinks deal during the happy hour at the Applebees in Lawrence, KS. Yes, I know, it makes me outraged too.
So they're not encouraging drinking in a college town, or they're just cheap? Maybe they think they're being "wholesome".
Generally I get krunked on $3 appletinis, but they try to get away with charging me $6. How absurd.
Lawrence Applebees, don't you know we're still in a recession. I need to drink to kill the pain, and I don't have very much money to pay for it. AND I'm a student, so double whammy.

Kansas, you're such a buzz kill.

3 comments:

  1. Kristen, life is full of trade-offs. Seeing as "Sex and the City" was not set in Kansas, I'm not sure how you can fault us for not providing a cheap appletini buzz. Thank goodness that you weren't here when some of our more egregious blue laws regarding liquor were in place or you would think us even more backwards.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_laws_of_Kansas

    Now, if you care to get into meth, Kansas would be happy to oblige as that is one of our chief exports.

    Side note: Applebee's? L to the ame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meth it is! Haha.

    Don't diss applebee's- they have awesome buffalo wings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright, I'll get you the contact info for my ex's brother, Skeeter. When you meet him he might look surprised but that's just on account of his having permanently burned his eyebrows off in a freak "accident at work".

    You know who else has awesome buffalo wings? About every other bar in the United States ;o)

    ReplyDelete