Welcome to Kansas

Welcome to Kansas

Friday, January 21, 2011

Down with the Post office!


I was riding the bus around campus today when I overheard some guy on the phone. He said " I don't know if I trust the post office anymore. I've sent a couple of letters that they lost". For the purposes of this blog, I'll assume this guy was a Kansas resident.

Uhhh sorry, dude, but unless Newman is your postman, I'm going to have to take the side of the post office on this one...

So where do you go from here? Choosing the no USPS route limits your options quite a bit, but I've come up with some for you:


1) Deliver your own mail. This will only cost you about 50,000% more than it would to pay for a stamp. But then again, if all the people you send letters to live within half a mile of you, you could actually be saving money.

2) Don't mail any letters. This might be feasible for you because of all of these new-aged, technology thingy-ma-bobs (like electronic mail).

3) Send telegrams. This would probably have to be through a private telegram service. I would give you the names of some, but this isn't the 19th century.

4) Boycott USPS. You could picket outside their headquarters, or just your local branch. Not sure how many people you could get to join you on this one. Me, personally, my letters have all been received.

5) I'll try to brainstorm some more for you, Kansas.

Any of these will significantly lower the chances of the postal espionage. Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. http://wtfminnesota.blogspot.com/2011/01/down-with-post-office-minnesota-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plagiarism!!! I came up with the exact same style of blogging back in 2003, which was unprecedented at the time... Send me royalty moneys, retroactive, $1000 a month -- you know where I live.

    ReplyDelete